Dadeldhura, On 3rd September, Loo Niva and the Ministry of Social Development, Sudurpaschim province have jointly organized the program. Sudurpaschim. Prof. Dr. Hem Raj Pant presented the overall objectives, requirements, and formulation process of the education sector plan in the program. Co. prof. Dr. Bhawan Singh Chalaune also shared the importance of the Education Sector Plan in the program.
The program was conducted physically at Hotel Devotee, Dhangadhi. Honorable Minister of Social Development Mr. Lal Bahadhur Khadka participated as the chief guest, Honorable State Minister of Ministry of Social Development of Sudurpaschim Mrs. Mana Kumari Saud participated as the special guest of the program. There was a presentation from the Social Development Committee member, Parliament members, mayors, members of local education units of the Local government, and different civil society organizations. Altogether, there were 49 participants in the program.
- To be aware of stakeholders on the 10-year Education Sector Plan formulation process.
- To collect feedback for formulating the 10-year education sector plan.
- To form a task force to prepare a 10-year education sector plan.
Dadeldhura, the Sudurpaschim Province government of Nepal has collected valuable suggestions and has the decisions on preparing an education sector plan (ESP) covering the period 2078 - 2087 BS, 10-year plan. The main three conclusions of the programs are:
All kinds of required data and resources for a 10-year education strategy will collect by mobilizing a group of experts accordingly. While preparing the group of experts, at least 5 to 7 experts will be select by the Education Planning Division of the Ministry of Social Development.
The meeting has estimated the cost of Rs.404,000. The program has concluded to request financial resource assistance from the Loo Niva and FAYA - Dhangadhi. Loo Niva and FAYA have committed to contribute Rs. 279,000 and Rs. 125,000 respectively.
The program has formed a 5-member task force committee for finalizing the 10-year Education Sector Plan. The team members are mentioned below:
- Prof. Dr. Hemraj Pant - Task Force Coordinator
- Co. prof. Dr. Bhawan Singh Chalaune - Member
- Co. Prof. Rajendra Chand - Member
- Mr. Jaydev Mahara - Member, Ministry of Social Development, Education Planning and Higher Education Branch
- Mr. Krishna Bohara (Member), Education Development Directorate.